Friday 6 February 2009

Missing a Furry Face


I was hiking in the hills behind the house where I am staying and I came across a family of rabbits grazing. I sat and watched them playing. They chased and frolicked around the orange grove. It made me smile for a moment, but then I became sad because it made me think about dearly departed Sgt.Pepper.

Sgt. Pepper was the rabbit that lived at the Snow compound in Amsterdam. He was a fun companion to me. I spent many hours laughing at his adventures as he played with our neighbour’s cat. He died just before I returned from California last month, so I did not get to say good bye to his furry face.

Seeing the bunnies play became a sort of memorial for Sgt. Pepper. I know that he was “just” a rabbit, but for me he was a point of simple joy in my day. Every time I saw him I smiled, no matter how my day was going; for that I will always be grateful and miss him a little.

No comments: