Friday 16 January 2009

With A Little Help From My Friend


This is my dear friend John Bergin and his “son” Hooch. We have known each other a lot of years (man I am getting old!) and shared ring-side seats to each others trials and triumphs in life. John is on of those great friends in life you can ALWAYS count on, as I did when I needed some assistance picking out wines for the Reckoning event tomorrow night. It was not just about shopping (I could have done that myself), it was about engaging in actions of true friendship.

People like John are tangible expressions of “Love thy neighbour.” Without action, the aforementioned phrase is meaningless; just words on a page. Love is a verb, not a word solely to elicit fuzzy feelings. Love implies, patience, sacrifice, courage, care, joy and endurance to name a few; it is not a one-time decision - it must be tended to regularly and often.

I hope that you, my readers, also have dear neighbours who love you well and are loved well by you. It is this kind of love that makes living worthwhile. Live Well!

No comments: