Thursday 15 January 2009


There is something about Nature that just speaks to my heart and soul.

Earlier today, I was on my way to meet my dear friend, Deanne Rollins for one of our energetic walks as we caught up with each other’s lives. The drive is familiar, one taken repeatedly over my many years on the planet - but today as I caught my first glimpse of the water peaking through the mountain tops it took my breathe away.

I had to pullover on Kanan, just to sit and be for a moment. I wanted to inhale the magnitude of what I saw in front of me, while I exhaled awe, praise and thankfulness. I took in the multitude flora while expressing my love for its beauty. In moments like this, I am reaffirmed in my faith in the Creator. We can all argue over how this all came to be, but sometimes just to be still and let it wash over and surround like oxygen, I feel I catch a glimpse of the Creator’s smile. The knowing smile of joy, that an artist experiences when someone appreciated their work.

Before I drove away, I snapped a quick picture; even though I knew that it would never do Nature justice. I just wanted to have a little remembrance of this place of inspiration. A reminder to be still at times, but to also walk with my eyes fully open to the beauty, while constantly taking a stance of gratitude.

No comments: