Saturday 19 May 2007

Play Football

I watched the Chelsea vs. Manchester United game today. I was pleased with the outcome of the game but I have to admit it was one of the most boring matches I had seen in a long time. Talk about a yawn fest!


Both teams are excellent, played well and were perhaps so evenly matched that it things seemed tranquil on the pitch most of the time. I mean there was no underdog to cheer for or hope to be obliterated depending on your pleasure.


But in the back of my mind I kept screaming, just play the game with some passion! They all seemed so careful not to foul or offend, that the spirit of the game was lost. Is this where profession sports is going? Where the players focus more on keeping down their fines over playing the game all out?


Don't get me started! I will not go on to make this a metaphor on life, Christianity etc because it's been done, but man I really would have liked to seen a game that kept me on the edge my seat. Wouldn't you?

No comments: