Sunday 8 March 2009

Desperately Seeking A Home


Today I hit the streets of Amsterdam to see the flats I had found online while in Portugal. My moving schedule was expedited by the coming nuptials of Shawna and Naos at the end of the month.

I went to see three places and I have to say that they went from worst to far worst. I had Shea with me for one of them and she was afraid to let go of my hand. Let me paint the picture; imagine the smell of a communal high school locker room times ten and that would come close to the smell of the small one room studio we saw. No windows, no carpet, no way! That was the highlight of the day.

So after my first day on these cobblestone streets, I have to say that I am a little discouraged but I will press onward. I know that there has to a place for me somewhere, I just have keep looking...apparently quite hard.

No comments: