Wednesday 6 August 2008

Come on Visa!

I’m Official! (Well for the next 6 months)

I had my appointment with the IND (Immigratie-en Naturalisatiedeinst) on the 6th and thanks to the help of my brilliant lawyer, Patrick Rovers, and faithful friend, Shawna Snow, I had all the documentation I needed to apply for immigration. It has come after months of stress and tons of money just to have this little beauty in my passport. Can you believe it?

It was rather miraculous how everything came together in less than 10 days! Seriously, I thought that I might need to fly home rather than risk being here illegally. That would have caused a 3-month delay in things so I am glad that it all panned out suddenly. Thanks for all the prayers and encouragement.

Well I am one step closer to my residency card. This sticker in my passport means that IND has deemed my application complete and will begin to process and decide my eligibility for residence. My application is contingent on the business I registered, past experience and proving I can make it here. I have done all I could do at this point and my fate is in their hands.

No comments: