Friday 6 June 2008

David Crowder is ridiculous!

I mean just look at the guy! He looks like a reject from a rehab leading a rag-tag group of ragamuffins. If you have ever heard him speak or try to articulate something outside of verse and music you may have walked way thinking you just had a bad acid trip. But I have to admit that I cannot help but feel happy every time I look on his face. I lock on to his face and I become giddy and expectant.

I am usually one to run away from worship concerts as they are so not my scene and listening to people sing the same verse ad nausea truly unsettles me. I prefer solitude and intimacy, but last night as I looked upon the man completely unfettered by the jumping, screaming crowd of youngsters in front of him. I could see it in his eyes…he was just having a good time we just happened to be there. That is rare quality to find in many artists these days…someone who is fighting to push himself while having the time of their lives regardless of who is watching.

So again I say…the man IS ridiculous but he is also outstanding. He encourages me to do the same in my life.

Besides, he makes me smile and giggle to that makes me appreciate him.

1 comment:

Happy Trail Blazin said...

AAAHHHH! I want to see them so bad. I love that band. I hope that you had a lot of fun. check out my blog www.paperdollcouture.blogspot.com
love ya
bamba