Wednesday 7 May 2008

Cruising In My Hood

One of the benefits of being in such a wonderful city is that you can always find something new. Most days I take time to familiarize myself with the neighborhood as I take walks to help me battle some serious jet lag (yes it is still hitting me). Here are some of my encounters…

First let me start of with where I am staying...This is the outside of the flat where I stay: The open window is my room!



And here’s the street we are on.



The fresh fruit at the markets are amazing and I have a wonderful store right on the corner. Look at the size of these blueberries. Mouthwatering goodness.





My arrival could not have been timed more perfectly. The sun is out and everyone is eager to be outside as much as possible. At the Saraphatipark near our flat people gather after work to bbq, relax and unwind.






Those who are lucky enough to own a boat take their happy hour on board. Hey who wouldn’t want to tan while you sail?



I will not bombard you pictures of all the amazing architecture, cute shops or the Heineken Brewery that litter the area, you will have to wait until I create an album or you will have to come see it for your self.


Cheers!

No comments: