Thursday 13 March 2008

Impressing Moments


I completed the bulk of my travels in America. Breaching the time I have been away rubs me against the inevitable but strange beginnings of adulthood in the children I left behind while facing my own physical metamorphosis. This has been a wonderful time to catch up and be overwhelmed at the quick pace of life. I witnessed amazing stories unfold - weddings, divorces, deaths, births, adoptions, loss of custody, first days of work (Pictured -Rachel’s First day at work), termination and more. This is life and all its richness and deference.

These experiences challenge me to cherish each moment I have with friends, treating them as if they were the first and last simultaneously. I dived deep, without giving credence to when I leave. I am choosing not to count the days, while accepting that they are pushing on me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Alycia,

It is crazy how much changes! For me it was only a year, but sometimes it seems as though nothing is the same. I am amazed at how you have pursued things whole-heartedly. I wish I could say that I always do the same, but that takes amazing strength... of which I am only beginning to truly learn about.

Are you setting up conference-style skype meetings? I would love to hear more about what you are going to be doing. I read your update and I am so excited for you! If you have information in written form that is great to. I would love to support you financially, but at this time I cannot be consistent with that support (as I am sure you need). However, I would still love to help out a little bit.

Please let me know more when you get a chance! Thanks!
Erin Hagood