Tuesday 4 December 2007

A Quick Glance at Brussels.


After wiping away my tears, I boarded the train headed to Brussels central. Once I arrived there I would only have very little time to look around before I had to catch the train back to Den Haag.

I made a mad dash to the Groet Marte and sampled a few chocolate shops. I wish I had more time to really do it justice, but you know that I have always had a strange relationship with chocolate, I really would not be bothered if I had to live without it (I know this is against the girl code of ethics, but I am what I am, - I prefer gummi bears). But this was Brussels, the girl mecca of chocolate, so I did partake and it was good, brief but good. I actually spent more time at a cheese shop I stumbled across with friendly owners and a delicious selection of curdled delights. My taste buds we in heaven. I bought a few things and raced back to central station just in time to catch my train.

As we pulled from the station I made a mental note that I must come back again to explore what the EU capital city has to offer. I hope that I can visit again soon.


No comments: