Saturday 26 May 2007

Vogue at the Portrait

I just got home from a trip to my past. Yes that's right children I was our twirling with the girls, well not exactly, girls you see they were more man than girl but they were better dressed than any woman there. The National Portrait Gallery sponsored a party to end the Faces of Fashion exhibit with a bang! Photographers were everywhere and they had cameras that roamed through the crowd and projected party images on the wall. Glam photo shots and sketches were done for all who desired and they DJ's were playing the best house music in town. It was the place to be.

The gallery invited three houses to give vogue lessons so one could strike our pose and be fabulous. My teaching session was given by the House of Egypt and House of Fierceness and let's just say these trannies just wanna have fun! It was a great time. It made me the fun I had back in the day and I am still looking forward to the offering a privileged few were in on. I wish that my camera was not broken because honey the girls were fierce and they put on a show. I took some pics with the phone but they do not do the evening justice.

As part of graduation, all had to strut their stuff into the party. Our runway was a two-story escalator in motion into the main gallery hall where the party was going on. We were lead in by the head drag-queen, "Princess" and she was followed by yours truly. Yes, it took a Yank to lead the way before the Brits.

After my debut, I mingled and had some great conversations with people. Telling a bunch of transvestites came to London to do ministry in the middle of a glam fest was no less than intriguing. I really enjoyed the mood and good time we had together and was sad that it had to end. Until my next twirl.




No comments: