Thursday 1 March 2007

The Return

Although I am tired I could not resist walking around the city. The sights and sounds of the city offer a sort of disjointed melody that sweeps me off my feet. With each breath and each cobblestone I walk over I am assured that this is where I want and need to be. This city is alive with something that infects you. Some people find this "sickness" nauseating and cannot wait to leave; others recover quickly and move on hoping to avoid the pitfalls of contamination in future. Me I want to this illness to linger and become a part of me while I am here – pollute my thinking, actions and being. London always feels like home when I come, now I get to start the process of making it home. London is like a lost lover that I put aside some years ago for loftier pursuits. Now that we are both a little wiser and confident it seems almost kismet that we discover each other again. I am happy to wrap myself in this wonderful city again.

No comments: