Tuesday 17 April 2007

Shallow

I am waiting for my flight. Sitting here feeling anxious about seeing people I have not seen in years. What will they think of me? How will I appear to them? What do we have to talk about? Will they still like/respect me? What will they think about the weight I've gained.


I am on my way to Cape Town, where I will meet with friends and colleagues from GAP. GAP is an outstanding 4 day experience for teens that helps them refocus and become clear about what they want from life. These people are truly special to me and I credit them for empowering me to deepen my relationship with my parents (the result of which was seen in last weeks blog). So I guess I am a little out of sorts about seeing them again. Many of them met me at a crossroad and now I am seeing them at another.


I know it may be shallow to think of such things when so much is at stake for the kids coming to GAP, but sometimes I am just that petty.

No comments: