Tuesday 3 April 2007

Travel Plans

Lourens, my UK co-worker left this morning for London and today I booked my ticket for my upcoming move. I leave South Africa on 29 April. It is really happening! I got a good deal on my ticket and I will fetch it (pick it up) tomorrow. I have a rush of excitement because the ticket makes it all real. I have a deadline to work towards verses a someday attitude.


It surprises me sometimes that a concrete date can change my perspective so easily. Now the list of to do's has grown exponentially and the date, like things in the mirror, may be closer than it actually appears. Crazy how that works!


I also leave for Cape Town for a week on April 17th. GAP is a 4 day ministry targeted for teens to help them become more intentional in their lives and their relationship with God and others. It is a phenomenal opportunity to be part of their first efforts in South Africa. It feels like a completion of a circle in some way because I was part of their launch into the Netherlands before I left their as well. We have kids coming from a township near Stellenbosch called Kiamondi (not sure of the spelling), Cape Town and Stellenbosch so far. I know it will prove to be an amazing time.


Please keep me in your prayers and heart as I prepare for both ventures. My heart is most focused on the people both ministries will shape the kids we meet and eventually have an impact in this world's future. So many people who were both positive and negative became the tools that moulded my character and perception. I can not help thinking about all the people who played a role in shaping me into the person that I am today and the hope that I can be one of those people too.

No comments: